Saturday, July 15, 2006

Anger and its venting

There is so many things we are required to figure out as we try to become "adults". One of them is anger. In this age of Oprah there is a notion of expressing emotions in a "healthy" way. I remain unclear on what exactly the healthy thing is to do with anger. I mean is there sucha thing as healthy anger? Righteous anger sure...but healthy anger? I mean in Harry Potter he can draw on his anger to give him courage in dangerous situations, but alas modern life infrequently offers opportunities for courage under fire. So life makes you angry, for whatever reason, and Oprah says express those emotions...cuz that's healthy. kay, um saying I'm angry offers little antidote to anger as far as I can tell. So what do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment