Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Obsessions

I have a lot of people who would tell me I have no appreciation for what obsession really means....I wouldn't necessarily argue except that I can totally be obsessed with certain things. One of them is political blogs. I read them a lot...but see if you read them a lot, you find sentences like this:
Now, let's be honest. How much of a dumb, painfully dumb, masterfully dumb,
spectacularly gullible, hyperenfranchised, alcohol-addled, camera-chasing
microphone-humping column-strangling jackass from the seventh circle of Grey
Poupon Hell do you have to be to buy that premise even for the slightest moment
as being anything other than dumbfuckery promoted by carnival barkers trying to
weasel away from their own rigged game? Since when did "willing to promote any
asinine hypothesis, no matter how stupid and self-serving on its face" become
the defining characteristic of supposed political wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment