Sunday, April 22, 2007

Daily Kos: George W. Bush Publicly Declares Disloyalty To United States

Daily Kos: George W. Bush Publicly Declares Disloyalty To United States: "WOLF BLITZER: So what's your bottom line? Do you believe, based on the reporting you did for this article, that the president of the United States is now aggressively plotting military action, a pre-emptive strike against Iran?

SEYMOUR HERSH: The word I hear is 'messianic.' He thinks, as I wrote, that he's the only one now who will have the courage to do it. He's politically free. I don't think he's overwhelmingly concerned about the '06 elections, congressional elections. I think he really thinks he has a chance, and this is going to be his mission.

'Again, the White House Web site records that on March 3, Bush told a Los Angeles audience, 'God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear.' After mentioning himself in the same breath with God, Bush then topped himself when the Lancaster New Era reported on July 16 that in a private meeting with an Amish group in Lancaster County, he told them, 'I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.' The White House has denied the statement.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment