Monday, January 30, 2006

Grey's Anatomy

So I am ridiculously in love with Grey's Anatomy. Some of you may be aware of my previous fascinations with Buffy and sadly 90210. But this, this is maybe the one. I like Veronica Mars and even like Battlestar Gallatica when I get a chance, but Grey's Anatomy is something else entirely. All the characters are problematic and engaging. The storylines are funny and sad. It is great, fantastic and swell. It makes me happy on Sunday night when there is a new episode. It is great storytelling with no epic promised, no evil defeated. Just the kind of stories that drive us out of bed in the morning when we would maybe prefer to crawl back under the covers.

Also, I went to Mexico today because I needed to see the water. Only once before have I been so disoriented that seeing where water met land let me get my bearings again. I love walking on a beach more than nearly anything. Sand in your toes and a map telling you where that sand is on the globe, is sometimes the only way to know where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment