Monday, June 12, 2006

social lubricant

Researchers reported on Monday that drinking coffee cuts the risk of cirrhosis of the liver from alcohol -- by 22 percent per cup each day -- but they stopped short of saying doctors should prescribe coffee for that reason.


I went to lunch today with a co-worker who is very pro-active about life in general. She was helping me strategize how to deal with the uncertainty currently facing my business group. She is also very interested in cultural things and gives me tips on how to find cultural events etc in the Phoenix area. One of her suggestions was to take a dancing class. This strikes me as a theoretically good idea, but strikes fear into the deepest recesses of my heart. I am socially awkward even with alcohol. I am terrified of attempting a social outing without alcohol, alone and involving a requirement of physical coordination. Have I always been this much of a wuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment